Emerald Editor Discussion
April 23, 2017, 08:59:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roadmap to 1.0  (Read 19077 times)
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 02:58:07 pm »

How is the roadmap now...has anything been changed thru the discussions?

Are we still basing the roadmap from Arantor's first post in this thread?

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 06:05:04 pm »

Bump.

Has anything changed?
Arantor and you confirm if there was a change to the roadmap (not sure if you were actively updating this as we went).

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:57 pm »

A thing that went bump in the day? Definitely necessary.

Well, I have been looking back through this. As we are now using wxStEdit as a basis, the roadmap to 1.0 has several chunks that need removal or rewriting.

The roadmap was originally suggested by me without prior knowledge of wxStEdit, nor that this would be a usable base, so I just wrote the stuff that seemed most necessary. I will repost a new roadmap shortly once I've picked away at wxStEdit (and especially daemon's changes) to see where it differs from where EE 1.0 would be.

If nothing else, the GUI needs stripping down, and the syntax backend needs a rewrite but a lot of the 1.0 features are there.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Soulfish
Project Manager
Administrator
Miner

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 10:21:07 am »

Would it prehaps be useful to sit down and develop a design document and hammer out any problems that we can forsee now? It should certainly help to make life easier down the road

John

"A lie can run around the world before the truth has got its boots on"
Szandor
Senior Miner

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 11:59:55 am »

So, where are we right now? I'm working on the next revision of the SDD and some graphics, but I don't really feel that anyone is dependant on that right now.

"Cleverly disguised as an original signature..."
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 12:46:15 pm »

I have to agree with Szandor...

Its looking more and more like EE is dead in the water, and that the future is just hacking the CE code / rewriting it one section at a time..

Perhaps a mailing list that the EE devs can discuss things on and other people can read might be better, would show that EE is alive if nothing else..
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 07:53:48 pm »

Well, I understood that Derek Parnell was working on the structure that EE would follow (i.e. the design phase)

I do believe that to a point EE has sunk a little, but I will drop him an email to see where things stand.

I don't really want to go into the mailing-list scenario, I've seen several projects get deluged under a flood of trivialities through it and never get back out of them.

Once we have some semblance of a structure, we can start implementation around the components we already have off-the-shelf, unless Derek was planning on a completely new structure from the ground up...

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Szandor
Senior Miner

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 11:55:23 am »

I would suggest that those responsible for an area of the development write a weekly or bi-weekly report on where they stand right now. This way we would all know where we stand. I mean, I have no problem with nothing happening as long as I get info on why and what has been done so far.

It would also be great to have a detailed roadmap or todo-list that gets updated when something is fixed. I think it would motivate people.

"Cleverly disguised as an original signature..."
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 06:22:50 pm »

I agree with Szandor. Then people who aren't discussing the stuff like the codebase and things (ie me) would have something to work on for EE. I'm glad we have the CE bugs we can fix and all, but I'm more looking forward to Emerald Editor 1.0 than CE 3.72.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: