Emerald Editor Discussion
June 26, 2017, 09:40:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *GREAT* C++ Books and Resources  (Read 4343 times)
daemon
Developers
Gem Cutter

« on: August 01, 2006, 08:32:06 am »

Hey all. A lot of people have said they want to help, but don't know C++. Well, I've found the URLs for the place where I learned C++ from.

http://www.odioworks.com/46-Bruce_Eckel's_Free_Electronic_Books.html

On here, there's Thinking in C++, 2nd edition, Volume 1 Revision 13 - Sept 27, 2001 and Thinking in C++, Volume 2: Practical Programming Final version (print version) - December, 2003. Both of these are full-book length and are great from beginners to pros. They are amazingly handy and absolutely free!

Also, this C++ tutorial was also recently posted to Digg and is a great pocket reference: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

Hope this helps some of you wanting to learn!
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 01:25:08 pm »

I've been working on "Thinking in C++" for about a week now, and completely agree that having these volumes available is absolutely great.  So far I find this book to be well written, and even those who prefer a dead tree book should seriously consider this one...

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 10:33:40 pm »

These really are great volumes. I even downloaded the extra fonts just to read them right.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: