Emerald Editor Discussion
August 16, 2017, 04:03:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Improved Find and Replace  (Read 6889 times)
Wahooney
Miner

« on: July 22, 2006, 08:31:12 pm »

Two things bugged me in CE's Find and Replace...

The fact that you couldn't use \n has been the proverbial thorn in my side in many cases, as has the fact that you need to select a whole line to use the Replace in: Selection option.

So I suppose these aren't really feature requests as a bug prevention request... Wink
daemon
Developers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 05:43:12 am »

Definitely those will be "fixed" in search.
Harry Wood
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 02:01:30 pm »

related to the \n point....

I often want to put newlines in my 'replace with' text. Currently I paste files across into another editor notetab lite when I want to do this. In Notetab lite...

Search and Replace wildcards feature:

You write ^P to find newline (paragraph) characters. Regexps are also possible, but these wilcards are easier, and crucially, they work in the 'replace with' box too. The find box can be populated by pasting in, or just by selecting text and pressing ctrl+F. In both cases the 'wildcards' for special chars, are put in automatically (which helps you learn how to use them).
Wahooney
Miner

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:05:34 pm »

Have you guys decided on a regex library yet?

If not you should check TREX out (from the creator of squirrel), it's tiny and apparently good.
Creepy_Carel
Prospector

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 03:43:02 am »

As a quick suggestion check the search bar in Fire fox. I think It's the coolest search type feature. You just need to make a shortcut key that allows switching between the editor and the searchbar and more importantly that the shortcut key returns you to where you where before the search/replace was performed. You'd neeed a replace box aswell though.

* searchbar.JPG (8.61 KB, 501x104 - viewed 705 times.)
Feldon
Gem Cutter

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 12:02:11 am »

Just thought I'd mention that if the CE feature of 'insert special character' into your find/replace worked as expected it would be great.  That way you don't have to know regex to use find/replace. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: