Emerald Editor Discussion
May 24, 2017, 05:03:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Build Instructions  (Read 5036 times)
Wahooney
Miner

« on: July 22, 2006, 08:23:33 pm »

FINALLY! I've been a long time user of Crimson Editor and I found the bugs, I hoped for the updates and they never came... but now you guys are finally here!  Grin

Anyway, jubilations aside, I was hoping to find some instructions on how to build the projects but alas not. I have VC7 and VC8 express and neither can convert the VC6 project files. So my only hope, other than you guys releasing VC7 or VC8 project files is GCC, but I haven't got the first idea how to go about doing that (I'm still an amateur programmer), I've tried googling but I can't find anything useful. So gcc building guide would be cool.
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:18:07 am »

Daemon has made the Mac OS X build relatively easy (even created an Xcode project) and I am attempting to make the Solaris (and, by extension, other UNIX) build a little more accessible (that reminds me, perhaps I should be asking for checking priviledges).  Unfortunatly, I believe the Windows build may currently be the most difficult.  Which platform are you planning on using gcc on?  (I'm guessing Windows, which I will be unable to help you with). 

You are right, an official build doc would be a good idea at this point, as the information is kind of spread around at the moment.  I will work on the Mac OS X and UNIX portion of the doc, any one want to volunteer for the Windows portion?

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 09:43:41 pm »

Well, alpha did the first Windows build, using MinGW (gcc with a slightly UNIX-like frontend), and instructions for this can be found on http://forum.emeraldeditor.com/index.php?topic=65.0

As we get closer to official builds, I'd prefer to release optimised binaries for Windows, with the source code available separately. I have thought about providing a automatically-rebuilt tarball/zip of the source files, but it's not on the to-do list just yet. It will be, though, on a daily basis, when we get far enough down the line.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Wahooney
Miner

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 11:29:21 pm »

Well I tried the MinGW32 thing but I can't get it to work, I posted my bug on the other forum: http://forum.emeraldeditor.com/index.php?topic=65.0 .

There should also be a Code::Blocks project included in a subsequent source code release. Cover all the basees you know Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: