Emerald Editor Discussion
July 23, 2017, 01:51:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Select Word/Select Line  (Read 9050 times)
sjue
Prospector

« on: July 21, 2006, 03:23:16 am »

I have looked at a LOT of text editors and the reason why I keep coming back to Crimson is for the CTRL+D and CTRL+E.  Those two little functions Select Word and Select Line is the reason I stay with Crimson.  I don't know of any other editors that do that (if you know of any I don't want to know), my heart is set on Emerald as being my editor of choice when it gets up and running.
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 04:05:33 am »

This should be relatively simple to implement, and likely set as a user configurable key combination.  As it is already a feature of CE, then I believe tha automagically puts it on the feature list for EE...

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:16:33 am »

Wow! I have LOTS of reasons for having CE as my favourite editor; now I have found yet another one! Admittedly, there are other key combinations that will do the same in CE, but then you have to make sure the cursor is in the right position. Thank you, sjue, for pointing this out!  Grin
Feldon
Gem Cutter

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 01:57:35 pm »

I'm so used to hitting end, holding shift and then hitting home to select a line that I don't think I could get out of the habit and use ctrl+d.  Plus the above technique has one advantage over ctrl+d, if the line you are on is indented, home will bring you back to the indentation mark, whereas ctrl+d selects the entire line including the indentation.  Usually when I'm selecting a line in this manner its because I want to delete it and start another line there instead, so having it pre-indented helps.

Lol, now there's some trivial analysis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: