Emerald Editor Discussion
May 24, 2017, 04:31:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Programmers  (Read 42478 times)
anthrax
Prospector

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2006, 02:13:04 pm »

I'd like to help out. Crimson was the first editor that I really liked and I use it for all my work. I have *some* C++ experience and will contribute where I can. I'm a student at UWaterloo, and I've had some professional development experience in C++ and web programming.
lichi
Prospector

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2006, 01:24:37 pm »

Hi everybody,
I'm a long time Crimson Editor user, and a long time c++ developer.
I'd really like to participate in this project.

Regards.

Lichi.
toastman
Prospector

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007, 07:36:18 pm »

I would like to help out as well.

I know C/C++ and I am a fan of Crimson Editor.
shamm
Prospector

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 12:55:49 pm »

Another hand in the air!

I have been swearing at windows/MSVC/C++/C/MFC etc for years now and have recently
(last year or so) moved to wxWidgets.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, so much better Cheesy

I use CE alot, both at work and home and would love to contribute to the EE project or help with the CE maintenance.

Steve Hammond (shamm)

Steve Hammond

The universe tends towards chaos, as does my life!
bmwboy
Prospector

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2007, 07:58:45 pm »

Hey! I'd be interested in helping out where I can. I'm currentely learning more C++ to enhance my skills, and think I might be some sort of a help to the project!
Thanks!
Brandon
nadeem
Prospector

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 05:35:57 pm »

Hi Guys,

I have been a user of CE since my college days (gosh this make me nostalgic), I have been working professionally for 3 years and most of colleague are curious when I tell them I use Crimsion Editor for most of my routine editing tasks, there reactions is generally "say what", people are more used to hearing EditPlus and PSPad I would like to contribute in any way possible to make CE/EE better then its alternatives. I have worked on a variety of projects mostly in java but I do some C++ development and I would like to contribute to EE.

thanks
Nadeem
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 06:34:09 pm »

I was just gonna start looking at code without replying here, but I figured why not show my enthusiasm for this project. I am attempting to convert my laptop into a completely open source machine. I'm up to Firefox, Thunderbird, Pidgin, Songbird, Lighting (calendar extension to TB), Crimson Editor (soon to be Emerald Editor), TaskSwitchXP (yes I'm even taking over the basic Windows functions), CDBurnerXP Pro, WinSnap (which actually is no longer open source but I'm not using the paid version so it counts), Mingw and various other dev tools. I also have a Linux partition, so I'd say I'm well on my way Smiley. Unfortunately I don't do much coding for them. Just bug reports, even though I do know quite a bit of C/C++. As some people have said, it's more a problem of time, but anytime I can, I'll definitely check out what you guys are up to. If anyone wants to know more about any of the software I mentioned above, let me know, but a quick google search should turn up the home page of most/all of those. If you have any specific things in the code for me to look at, then contact me. I am willing to make time to look at/fix a specific problem, but it's kinda hard to check code for workability when you don't have a particular bug you're looking for.

EDIT: Gaim is now Pidgin.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:19:31 am by rageboy » Logged
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 07:38:20 pm »

Hello,

possibly not what you had in mind but if you see this thread: http://forum.emeraldeditor.com/index.php?topic=299.0 any help is appreciated.

Getting that list completed is a tedious process but it will let us know how the code stands.

Also if you keep an eye in http://bugs.emeraldeditor.com/ feel free to investigate any issues there and submit patches.

Note, as far as i know the code only compiles with VS 2k5 std edition, I do not know if it will compile under the express edition if not then feel free to try and port it over.
Raf
Miner

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 05:44:50 pm »

I only have decent experience in HTML, CSS, Javascript and PHP, so I don't think that would be very useful. I'd be quite happy to help with documentation, but I can see that's not an obvious priority right now.
Crul
Prospector

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2007, 02:57:58 am »

Hey guys,

I'm an avid fan of CE. I love it and I want to help in the development of EE as much as problem

Currently I will be going into my 3rd year of software development course. I'd like to get involved in the development process as much as I can. I have around 2+ years of experience in C/C++

Now, what I want to know is where I can find a list of what has been done to this point and what needs to be developed further, just know get a feel of where the project is right now.

Thanks

--Crul
Phil
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2007, 03:25:37 am »

Welcome. I also am going into my 3rd year of being a Comp Sci major at college.

The main places to look for info about where we are is the forums and the log on SVN. I am the leader of the Crimson Editor team so I'll give you a quick overview of where we are at right now.

In CE, we are still working on making sure that we have everything working right and can make a nice build with an good but unnecessary installation process. By unnecessary, I mean we are trying to make CE be able to be run without installation. Also we are trying to make multiple versions of CE coexist peacefully. After we get these goals accomplished to our satisfaction we will probably release CE 3.72.

As for EE, at first it was being developed with only a vague idea of where the project was heading, then development stopped when it was realized that more planning needed to be done. A new project leader was obtained and someone was chosed to be the lead software architect for the planning of EE. Unfortunately, neither the project leader nor the lead architect has posted on these forums in quite some time. The future of EE is uncertain, but if things continue as they are, my personal guess is that a new project leader and lead architect will be chosen, and we will start over once again.

As for what you can do, once you are more famaliar with the project, one thing that would help would be to make a list of what needs to be done so we have some general guidance. Also, you can help with CE development by fixing bugs and writing cool patches. You can help with EE by coming up with good ideas and once a prototype EE design is presented, you can help by giving comments and suggestions about it.

Phil
Crul
Prospector

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2007, 04:56:52 am »

Thanksts for that overview Phil. I've been reading the forums and there are some great ideas out there. EE has some great potential. Hopefully it can get going sometime soon. I will continue to read the forums. I think that a complete compilation of what needs to be implemented and what has been implemented would be a great thing to have ju so that everything can stay organized. 
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2007, 08:56:06 am »

Also PM Arantor about beig added to the dev group on the bug db then you can assign yourself bugs to fix.
astro
Prospector

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2007, 08:34:51 pm »

I think alot of programmers would chip in to help code this if there was some sort of
concrete specific task list or outline.

Right now it seems like the current programming objective is: re-program CE

Should be divided into tasks and then subdivided further.
yukito
Prospector

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2007, 09:27:50 am »

I'd love to join this project, I'm mainly a C and Ruby coder, I don't really like C++ much but I know how to use it when I have to. Don't know if I'd be of any use to you guys? Just let me know.

Wim
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: