Emerald Editor Discussion
May 28, 2017, 01:12:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling All Programmers  (Read 42506 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: June 29, 2006, 10:38:10 pm »

The Emerald Editor project is looking for coders to help develop the project and really stir up the text editing community.

We know you're out there, those of you who are capable C or C++ programmers, who are able to really get this editor rolling out of the repository and into the user space.

Whether you're a recent C/C++ convert, or a programmer with a beard longer than your programming resume, and you'd like to help develop our little text editor project, please come see us in our discussion forum and maybe have a look at our Subversion repository, and see if you can't contribute to what we hope will be a highly useful, functional and above all usable text editor.

We look forward to seeing you!

-- Arantor
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 10:41:15 pm by Arantor » Logged

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Derek Parnell
Lead Architect
Miner

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 02:26:40 am »

The Emerald Editor project is looking for coders to help develop the project and really stir up the text editing community.

We know you're out there, those of you who are capable C or C++ programmers, who are able to really get this editor rolling out of the repository and into the user space.
Sorry. I'd love to help but I don't do C/C++. If you ever need a D coder though, I'm in. Actually, I'm a professional software architect that does a bit of coding as a hobby, so I'd be more use on the design and architecture aspects than code cutting.

--
Derek Parnell
"Down with Mediocrity!"
chawil
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 06:17:06 pm »

I don't know if I can be much help or not. I have been extremely ill for about 5 years but I have done some c++ and have recently downloaded dev c++ thinking that, now I'm finally recovering, I might have a go once again. I would be more than happy to look at the source code and see if there's anything I can cope with.

My experience of writing documentation (help files, etc.) is much more recent and I might be able to contribute something there.

If this would be any use to you please let me know.

chawil
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Gem Cutter

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 07:25:58 pm »

We would be glad to have you chawil!
Welcome aboard!

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Gem Cutter

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:11:06 pm »

We trully need some programmers to assist in our development.

Its obvious there is some excitement in the project with the number of users and posts that have been posted in the last 2 months.  We just are at a deficiency in programmers.

Come join us!

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
necnec
Prospector

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:18:04 pm »

I have 3-4 years in C (mostly) and C++.
The real problem is that I don't have much time, but I'd really like to participate.
rolandd
Prospector

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 03:20:16 pm »

maybe have a look at our Subversion repository, and see if you can't contribute to what we hope will be a highly useful, functional and above all usable text editor.

Just my imagination or should it read:

maybe have a look at our Subversion repository, and see if you can contribute to what we hope will be a highly useful, functional and above all usable text editor.

Huh

Regards,

RolandD
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 03:34:55 pm »

Either is correct (They mean practically the same thing).
llcooljtf
Prospector

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 07:37:05 pm »

I have a couple years C++ experience and would be happy to help where I can.  I have never helped an open source project like this before so I am not really sure where the direction would come from as far as who designs what, who codes what, who tests what.  Let me know if I can help.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 09:34:33 pm »

Hi, llcooljtf!

That's one of the great things about open source - you can have a look and if there is anything you think needs changing, you can dive in and play with the code and see what you can do with it!

The current (limited) code is available online, so if you just want to have a look at what we have so far, please just point your browser at http://svn.emeraldeditor.com/ and have a read of the code we have.

I look forward to hearing from you!

alidanish22
Prospector

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 09:17:00 am »

I have a good experience in C++ but mostly in system side. I hope I can contribute.
kurishin
Prospector

kurishin

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 01:49:11 pm »

I would like to join this project. but, I cannot read or write English well like this.

I have 5 years in C (some C++) on unix & windows, And I'm crimson editor lover too. Can I join in?
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 03:12:44 pm »

Kurishin, it appears your English is good enough to read and post, so as far as I'm concerned it's more then good enough to help out.  You'll have to confirm with Arantor and Zhrakkan, but I think you and anyone else with C/C++ experience are more then welcome to join the project.  Take a look at the code and head on over to the Developer forums (they are open to all)...

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 07:08:10 pm »

I'll agree with that!

As awmyhr said, if you'd like to look over the forum, and also through the code we have (you can view the source code online at http://svn.emeraldeditor.com/ ) and if you want to make any changes, please let me know so I can grant you write-access to the SVN system.

The more the merrier!

hydie_buddy
Prospector

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 08:03:19 pm »

I would like to join the band wagon.

I have academic and some industrial experience in C/C++ and System/Web Admin.

--
hydie_buddy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: