Emerald Editor Discussion
August 18, 2017, 02:01:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers, sound off!  (Read 11352 times)
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« on: June 26, 2006, 08:14:12 pm »

I am sure Arantor might want this, but I would like to know who are our developers.
This will be advantageous to know when a Team Lead for the Developers is picked.  This way he/she knows who is available for work.

Please post here if you are available for work.

Thanks

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
daemon
Developers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 07:01:24 am »

I'm here. Sorry I haven't been committing much to the repository, I have quite a few projects that I'm hammering out (three other than this). All of them have to be done before summer's out so I'm diverting most of my attention to them as I had already promised their completion before I started working on EE. But once they're out of the way, EE will be my only major project.
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 07:02:35 pm »

Not a problem daemon, we all have things to do.
Spread the word!

Kamots
Miner

Perpetual Student

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:20:52 am »

I've been following this project very closely since the beginning although I haven't posted much. I've read a lot of the discussions on the boards and I can see that this is beginning to progress bit by bit. That being said... I'm currently enrolled in a software development degree program (used to study geomorphology at university) and I'm finishing up my third programming course in C++. The previous term we started with C and this September we'll be starting on the more advanced multi-platform topics and start going into Java.

The funny thing is that about 2 years ago, a few friends and I were talking about Crimson Editor and how we all use it and how amazing it is. Then the development stopped... fast forward to the present and I had actually started planning to write a Crimson Editor clone of my own as my final project. Albeit my degree program is 4 years, so I would've had much more time, but this is excellent. I'm glad that something as amazing as this came from the CE discussion forums. I know I'm rambling and I apologize, but I just wanted to say that I'm interested in helping to make this a reality. If you would like, I can recruit a few friends of mine who would probably be very interested in this project as well. Our college is actually very well known for open source initiatives so even our teachers might come aboard... BUT that is only if you guys are interested. Let me know.
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Beta Testers
Gem Cutter

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 06:40:27 pm »

Avantgarde.

I am sure the project team would love to have you guys onboard.

If you would like we could always speak to your professor if need be to notify him of you joining our project.
I hope to hear more from you and your friends!

Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 06:58:01 pm »

Hear, hear.

If the professors need anything "official" from me, I'd be happy to write an email - just let me know.

Thanks for your support!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
simpleid
Prospector

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 01:21:41 pm »

I'm in.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 01:28:02 pm by simpleid » Logged
KJ
Prospector

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 02:10:23 pm »

Ditto

(I am so late to this party Tongue)
shamm
Prospector

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »

Another hand in the air!

I have been swearing at windows/MSVC/C++/C/MFC etc for years now and have recently
(last year or so) moved to wxWidgets.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, so much better  Cheesy

I use CE alot, both at work and home and would love to contribute to the EE project or help with the CE maintenance.

Steve Hammond (shamm)

Steve Hammond

The universe tends towards chaos, as does my life!
bmwboy
Prospector

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 08:02:40 pm »

I'm available if you guys still need some developers. My name is Brandon, I am currently a student learning programming. Used CEDT for many years now, still love it!
Thanks,
Brandon
rageboy
Jeweller

Ankit Singla

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 06:01:43 pm »

I mentioned this in some random other thread, but I too am available Grin
ben.kansas
Prospector

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 07:32:17 pm »

Hi,

I am available for programming.  I just started using CE and really enjoy it.  I would like to contribute to EE.  I just graduated from college and looking to get my feet wet with some programming projects.  How can I contribute to the project?
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 06:57:22 pm »

tbph EE is pretty much static atm while we are waiting for a design to appear.

However if you are willing to help CE is still being maintained and I could do with help coding it, this way you can stay active in the community and once we get something solid happening with EE then you can transfer over to that project..

Unfortunately as Arantor (the site admin) is AWOL you cant commit to the svn repo or have dev access to the tracker.. but if you post the patches on the bug tracker or in a thread myself or rageboy will commit them on your behalf..

As I have no idea of your skill level/knowledge/interest just choose a bug in the tracker that isnt assigned put a post in it to say you are fixing it and then work away posting the patch when you are finished..

If you are intrested or please PM me and ill give you my msn address and you can contact me directly as and when needed.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 08:37:57 pm »

As per Pvt_Ryan - if you drop me a private message regarding account status, I can sort this out for you.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: