Emerald Editor Discussion
May 26, 2017, 12:56:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preview in browser window  (Read 4480 times)
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« on: June 16, 2006, 06:52:51 am »

I’d like to have the posibility to preview a web page (html or whatever) in a browser window. This feature could be added to the file menu and the context pop up menu (right click).
Creepy_Carel
Prospector

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 04:27:41 am »

I know In CE you could code a number of different formats (C, Latex, HTML, ...). Is it not possible to set up a code dependant previewer. So if say you ran a latex code you would have a split pane with the latex code on the left. Then when you compile, the reports from the latex compiler would be shown on the right and then once the compile is complete the compiled doc would show up on the right. Similarly for HTML the code lies on the left and the compiled/rendered page would lie on the right. For C the code is again on the left and the compiler error messages(common occurence for me) would appear on the right and once the app is compiled the output/input stuff would show on the right. Also once compiled the cursor would switch to the applicable pane(the right one) for say testing user entry this would make work flow dead easy.After the app has run it's course it'd stop and you'd be returned to the editor at you last location. (in the last case you could make a dock-able command prompt environment(DOS) appear on the right)

Furthermore you could make the panes move-able like in the MATLAB editor for instance. So a user could have either pane on the left or right. Also If the secondary pane(output pane) could be collapsable while working that'd rock(See LED editor a latex code editor)

LED can be found at: http://www.latexeditor.org/screenshots.html
(sorry second time I quote the site but the app has a few features I haven't seen too many places not that I'm a guru or anything)

It'd be cool if a contents pane were to exist that used say bookmarks (again LED has one) but I know some one else said this kind of thing would have to be made in an add-on somewhere else. The other option is to have a little gizmo that sits on the left of the editor pane with a number of buttons that would lead to specific bookmarks like how album selection works in itunes (sorrry bad explanation). Erm... Ok one makes a sub scroll bar on the right  that links to all the book marks. OOH even better using the normal scroll bar you place little notches in the bar at the approximate distance down the scroll bar that  the book marks appear at  Grin (That's a bit of a better explanation)
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:40:52 am »

Recently, I've put together a list of all keystrokes and keystroke combination in CE (the ones I've found, that is - I suspect there are a few hidden ones I've yet to find…). During that process, I discovered that CE does include the possibility to preview web pages in a browser window. In case anybody is wondering how: Alt + B does the trick (found in the Tools Menu).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: