Emerald Editor Discussion
June 29, 2017, 01:18:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website Content Suggestion(s)  (Read 4846 times)
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« on: June 07, 2006, 05:53:32 pm »

I'd suggest that the "What's new with Emerald Editor?" page should be more frequently updated, but only with info about the editor itself--not with changes to the website.  If potential users see frequent website change announcements but no info about recent development milestones, they might dismiss EE as all pomp and no product.  I think most first-time visitors will look there for news before they look in the forums and could potentially and wrongly get the impression that nothing is going on here but website improvements.

It would be nice if there was an expected first release date.  Even if it's many months away and well AFTER the date the Team truly expects to have some thing ready, it would probably build some anticipation.

Also, I'm still waiting for the "Donate" page so I can feel like I'm contributing something other than criticism.  Smiley  Seriously, this effort seems to be going VERY well and I'm very excited about it.  I introduced my peers to CE, and I look even more forward to introducing them to EE.
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:59:54 pm »

Actually, I think that page is going away in favor of the frontpage announcements autogenerated from the "Front page news" forum....

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:21:31 pm »

That really is the plan, to be honest. I only filled the New page with the stuff that's there to make it seem less empty...

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Matthew1344
Gem Cutter

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 11:11:22 pm »

Ahh... that works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: