Along with getting the Project Management in place, we also need to sort out who the developmental team leader(s) are.
The development team leader(s) worry primarily about the coding aspect, not so much about what EE is doing, but how EE is going to do it. Of course, all decisions will still be led by the forum and what EE users will/do want, and decisions can go up to the Project Manager if necessary, but generally if the course of action is obvious... go for it!
I am not sure how best to put team leaders in place... my thoughts are that we might need the follow team leaders:
- Development Leader (general development)
- Support Team Leader (support, help, Q&A)
- Beta Testing Team Leader (testing, quality assurance, etc)
- Documentation Team Leader (the manual, the technical docs)
Does that sound feasible/accurate/workable?
At this stage, it looks to me as though the positions are as follows: (please correct me if I'm wrong):
- Development Leader - daemon, alpha
- Support Team Leader - not applicable yet, although Arantor did a lot of this in recent times with Crimson Editor
- Beta Testing Team Leader - not applicable yet
- Documentation Team Leader - not applicable yet, although daemon and Arantor have started this