Emerald Editor Discussion
July 21, 2017, 03:38:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Working builds  (Read 16165 times)
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« on: May 26, 2006, 11:28:18 pm »

We have so far achieved working builds for Emerald Editor, based on wxWidgets, STC (Styled Text Control), StEdit, across the following platforms:

• Windows
  • Linux (Gentoo so far)
  • Mac OS X
  • Solaris

Other platforms are planned for the future (with little or no modification to the base code), and the discussion forum should be your first stop!

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
Zhrakkan
Official Mascot!
Gem Cutter

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:26:42 pm »

Great!  It begins!

News Manager and Unofficial Mascot
Join the Emerald Editor Project - Message Me!
Emerald Editor - "A Jewel of an Editor"
-----by the way, that name is pronounced "Za-Rack-In"
MinstrelMike
Prospector

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:31:56 pm »

Any easy way to download one of these "working builds" for Windows ?
awmyhr
Senior Miner

Maintainer of Obscure and Unused Ports

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:57:45 pm »

That is a great question.  At which point do we start providing "working builds" for our "official platforms"?  Perhaps we should discuss this in the development forums?

-->>  This Space 4 Rent  <<--
Kamots
Miner

Perpetual Student

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:43:24 pm »

At which point do we start providing "working builds" for our "official platforms"?  Perhaps we should discuss this in the development forums?

The working builds would be more for testing purposes, no? What's the point of getting a working build at this point in time just to show that we can build an empty editor? We know we can do it, now we need to work on getting some features up and running and once we do that, then we should start releasing some builds for people who just want a proof-of-concept. Just my opinion anyways... but this really should be talked about in the Development forums.
Arantor
Site Administrator
Administrator
Master Jeweller

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:34 pm »

This was originally put as a message to point out that we have a build that, at this stage, we can build on Windows, *nix, Mac OS X and Solaris with a single build.

Yes, it is an early stage, but I figured at the time that it would help draw people if they knew that it was being built cross-platform from day 1.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!"
shammat
Prospector

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 09:35:15 am »

Yes, it is an early stage, but I figured at the time that it would help draw people if they knew that it was being built cross-platform from day 1.
I think you'd draw even more people if you supply binary downloads for those early builds. Not everyone has a full C++ environment to compile the sources... (e.g. me, being a Java programmer Wink )
KjeBja
Senior Miner

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 07:00:41 am »

I totally agree with shammat on this. I have been waiting eagerly for a binary download (for Windows), and it looks like quite a few others have done so, judging from the number of views on this post. As I canít contribute to the development, I do not want to download the tools needed to build the application. So it would be much appreciated if binaries could somehow (miraculously Grin) show up somewhere!
WurstFromHell
Prospector

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:53:18 pm »

I support the availability of early binaries as long as it needs
a lot of tools and time to build the binaries on your own.
shammat
Prospector

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 10:27:36 am »

Any news on this? Will there ever be binaries of EE or is this another VaporWare project?
Pvt_Ryan
Master Jeweller

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 08:10:29 pm »

the project has stalled for the moment.. but it will take off again, we just need designers to design it.
RealRaven
Prospector

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:54 pm »

HI there,

just wanted to get started building Emerald, thought I start with some easy bugfixes first. Unfortunately the dsp wouldn't load first until I replaced the unix style line breaks. I am trying to build Emerald using Visual Studio 2008 (but I could also use VS 2005 or VS 6, begrudgingly).

With VS2008 I am getting 15 Errors of this type:

rror   3   fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '.\stedlgs.cpp': No such file or directory   c1xx   emerald

Some help for getting it to compile would be greatly appreciated.

Another question: Is there are platform for writing bugs / submitting patches? I usually use bugzilla as I am contributing to Thunderbird / Firefox already.

thanks,
   Axel
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: